Saturday, June 7, 2014

Blue Skies and Green Leaves

A perfect day for the park -- the prettiest color blue overhead and all the trees finally filled out in all their glory!  Beautiful spring!


This hill is where we go sledding in the winter.  In spring it's all overgrown except for a few paths for the kids to run up and down, up and down, up and down.... They got perfectly sweaty and breathless while I sat on the ground and watched a red-winged blackbird feed her babies :-)


The creek at this park is kind of grimy (and full of random garbage and broken glass) but it's fun to walk along and look at, especially in this small grove surrounded by big concrete blocks.


These two goat-children couldn't get enough of the rock climbing while I walked around trying to identify every wildflower and tree I knew.


Just a bit farther down the path we saw the most thrilling sight: an enormous willow tree that has obviously been damaged in a major way but is still growing strong!


The kids declared this their new playground and Evan called it 'just like heaven.'  They climbed every possible branch and explored all the tunnels and secret passageways it offered while I watched in wonder at these two miraculous children exploring their world.
See tiny Chloe under there?


Chloe couldn't do all the stunts and climbing that Evan could, so when she found this perch over the stream, she claimed it for her own.  Evan lovingly obliged.


A new favorite place all to ourselves.  I think we'll be visiting her a lot this summer.

No comments: