They waited so long for the promise of snow to pay off... Our poor weathermen are never right and the kids woke up to disappointment too often. But on this one morning.... SNOW! Lots of it! Enough to actually go sledding in!
We built a ramp down the deck steps and into the yard (and by WE I mean ME) and I became mom of the year. Well at least mom of the day. The kids were so super excited and even invited their friend Kiarra from across the street over to play.
It's no Frontier Park but the walk back up the hill is a breeze :-)
At least they thoroughly enjoyed every minute they could before it all melted within 36 hours.
These are my only snow pictures from the winter-that-never-was. The only other time they have been out to play in the snow was the first snowy day of the year in early January. We got all of an inch, but they were bundled and out the door at 7:55am in the frigid 17 degree and windy morning. I did not go out with them, naturally. They were out there for an hour that day.
They really like snow.







2 comments:
I'm jealous. I have such fond memories of snow play with my sister...they look a lot like your pictures of Evan and Chloe :) I guess we have to move even further North if we want Michael and Katelyn to share in the frigid fun!
I love the pink cheeks ;)
tho' i have no pics (maybe one...) of me snowplaying, i do have memories. your pics help bring them into focus again! & since i DO have pics of you and your sibs snowplaying, your pics even more vividly remind me of those good ole days! thanks! xox
Post a Comment