Monday, February 13, 2012

Artsy

 The busiest corner of the house: 



I went through Chloe's art folder the other day and realized how much her style is evolving.  She loves bright colored markers right now (paint is so last year), and the stack of coloring pages from Granny is getting much love too.  Normally I wouldn't call filling in coloring pages as "art" but this.....



... looks like something original!  She adds patterns where there are none.  She mixes things up with realistic looking items and outlandish ones.  She fills the page thoughtfully with color.



Here are some of her colored pencil creations:



Evan's art is also changing as he gets more confident and comfortable with not doing everything perfectly.  He has never liked to mess up, but I think Chloe inspires him to just keep going in spite of mistakes.  He and Chloe love to copy each others pictures (as evidenced with the cat picture on the upper right) but the other ones are originals.


He spends more time tracing trucks and jets than he does coloring, but Chloe has really motivated him to branch out more. I never thought he would be interested in art at all so the few things he does do are such treasures.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Amazing! Her focus and dedication to coloring each drawing so beautifully is beyond comprehension for me! I love her unique choices and vibrant cheerful colors. I'm smiling :) And I love that big brother is following little sister! She will spend most of her time learning from him....now she can return the favor!