His sister, on the other hand, loves wolves, rhinos, snakes, dinosaurs, sharks, warthogs and most large dogs. (Oh, and horses too I think.)
Did you know that chess pieces make interesting building blocks?
The leaves no longer reside on my piano since I made this lovely decoration for my living room wall.
This corner of the house is where the kids are found most often. They create with art stuff and play games together and make set-ups that are used for days in a row. It really needs vacuumed.
This Halloween we had a "Great Candy Hunt." Opting for no costumes, the kids searched our house to find candy dishes that I had hidden. The catch was that they had to open doors to find the candy.
At each of seven stops, they split up candies by handfuls and it ended up mostly even. They were thrilled with the giant ziploc of goodies!
Chloe loves to make set-ups and invite me to join her. This lovely rock trail game is one I made up with her so long ago, and she likes to replicate it for me all the time :-) Amazingly, it was with dogs and not horses this time.
Our bookshelf is bursting at the seams, and now that it is cooler out, we spend even more time snuggled up on the couch just like this. Cozy togetherness.
It's been raining for what seems like a week straight since the effects of the hurricane started moving through. I'm thinking that we wouldn't be such hermits if we had rain jackets and I got myself a pair of mud-boots. I bet the woods by Walnut Creek are beautiful when it's raining.....
But for now, we are inside. Waiting.










1 comment:
This is THE LIFE! xox
Post a Comment