Friday, November 9, 2012

Horses

My little artist has been busy again. 
Yesterday, she called for me to come see something she displayed on the kitchen wall:

I had gotten a horse template from my friend Leslie months ago and gave it to Chloe without much explanation.  Just a box of brads to go with it.  Since then, she has traced, cut out, and assembled over two dozen of these pose-able horses out of plain white paper with no embellishments at all (except and eye on each one).  This new one.... wow.  It even has a real mane.


So this morning she and Evan got right down to business coloring their piles of white horses.  Transforming them into beautiful pieces of art :-)
 {See, the evidence proves Evan was here moments before....}


Chloe has made a few that resemble some of her favorite horses: Trip (from our milk farm) and Cocoa (from Cowgirl Kate and Cocoa books) are in this pile.

At photo time, she was working on Spirit, using the movie storybook as a reference tool.


Evan had finished this lovely version of Rain (from the Spirit movie) before dashing off to the bathroom.
{I love the pile of stuff all over the basket this morning}


So, I guess this is what today looks like for us.  Horses everywhere!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Yay! I'm so happy Chloe loved the horse template as much as I thought she would!! Her horses are beautiful. As are Evans. I can't wait to see all of her future creations...

xox said...

It's a horse-world after all!