Today weird things are happening...
*********************************
It is currently 91 outside with a heat index of 100 degrees.
um... weird.
and horrible!
I have thanked God for our air conditioning at least 18 times today. Poor Todd is working on a roof. Eek!
*********************************
Chloe came into the kitchen around noon and asked me if she could take a nap.
um.... weird.
and awesome!
I set her up by pulling shades and closing the door. She stayed in there for over an hour and came out cheerful.
*********************************
Evan asked me to buy him sardines at the co-op today.
um.... weird.
and delicious!
He has requested these three or four times before and always devours them. So, he had himself a fishy snack once we were home and enjoyed it thoroughly.
*********************************
I was busy in the kitchen after shopping and my stove began leaking gas.
um... weird.
and scary!
So I called Todd to ask how to shut off the gas. There are four trays of unbaked granola, a pot of half cooked black-eyed peas, and no way to hard-boil eggs or cook beets for dinner. Not the best day for this sort of thing to happen. Good thing we all like salad.
*********************************
There is a jar of homemade buttermilk sitting in my kitchen cabinet culturing into something yummy.
um... weird.
and money-saving!
I've been wanting to try this sort of thing for a while and have finally decided to just do it. I use buttermilk in so much stuff that it is silly to keep buying grocery store yuck when this is so simple.
*********************************
The kids wanted to watch a movie this afternoon, but instead of Tangled they asked for Wall-E.
um... weird.
and refreshing!
It is too hot to do anything outside today so I knew they'd ask to watch a movie. Our basement is much cooler than the rest of the house so we will rest and relax, and think of poor Todd on that roof.....
5 comments:
This post is so refreshing! I love the way you write. You are truly a gifted author! Teach me, O Wise One.
I confess, as a kid I liked sardines and crackers. WIERD!! My children have never had nor seen them. I now think it is kinda gross to eat something with a fin and scales still attached. The funny thing is one of them asked me about them the other day. I am still wondering where they heard of them??
Brycie-poo, all I can say is I read a few really well-written blogs myself which has helped. And I've been typing here for over three years pretty consistently -- one is bound to improve over time :-) Go back and read some of my beginnings... not so great... there is hope for everyone!
I, too, loved this post! Very well written :)
Practice does make for "perfect" especially when you enjoy it because it's what you're "supposed" to be doing! xox
Remember how you kids were into some seemingly weird taste treats? ...including sardines, but also Limberger cheeze & onion on rye, hot peppers, chicken livers... and very willing to try anything new, even a spot o' catfood fresh of the cat dish! (Lord have Mercy regarding that last one!) xox
Post a Comment