Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Tinkering


Tinker Toys are the new favorite toy here.  My sister Brook has had our childhood collection at her house for years (and I was unaware!!) and brought them to share here over the weekend. 

Evan has built dozens of things by following the instructions. 


Chloe has built six or seven things copying Evan's models. 

But today was great -- they were so engrossed in building (it is 90 and unbearably humid outside) that when I suggested today might be a good movie day, neither of them budged.  Too busy having fun :-) 

And this was what Evan was working on. 


Of course, now that they are done, we are all here in the cool basement watching Tangled.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I LOVE that Evan built from the instructions and then Chloe built using his models as her instructions. That's what big brothers are for :)

Is that last model a Star Wars fighter space craft thing-a-ma-jiggy???

Leslie said...

Oh, ok, now I see R2D2 and the other Lego Mini-figs. Tell Evan that I could recognize it even without noticing the Star Wars guys...he did a great job building it!

xox said...

It makes me smile, as usual when visiting your blog, AND to think that all my "saving everything" comes in so smile-provoking sometimes!

I used to play with Tinkertoys when I was a kid. Lincoln Logs, too. Wouldn't it be cool if my Mom had saved those? xox