Monday, July 18, 2011

Currently


 He ::

:: has hair just like his mama ... and it is even the same length

:: calls himself "THE EVAN" (as in "Do you want to play with... THE EVAN?")

:: asks, "May I eat?" at least once every hour

:: folds oragami airplanes every single day and is almost through his stack of 150 pieces of oragami paper

:: watches the movie Tangled almost every day (after loving the story of Rapunzel so much) and pretends it with Chloe for the rest of the day -- with their satchels and crowns and beanie baby chameleons

:: sniffs everything his hands touch

:: travels around the block on his bike by himself -- all he has to do is let me know and he is free to ride.  One day he did it five times in a row just because he could.

:: has another front tooth that just started growing in :-)

:: hasn't used his made up words "inviz" or "zaust" in so long that I thought I might forget them if I didn't write them down.  Inviz was his was of making a verb out of becoming invisible and Zaust was his shortened word for exhaust, with which he was obsessed for so long.

:: is often humming the Star Wars Darth Vader march

:: is also often humming the song Hillbilly Bone

:: on rough days when he's feeling frustrated or angry he says, "I haven't had any hugs today!"






***********************************





She ::

:: calls the bed in their room a "bonk bed"

:: has a pair of sparkly twinkle-toes shoes that are her most favorite and amazingly match everything in her wardrobe

:: requests milk to drink instead of water for the first time ever

:: reads the "Life-Size" zoo and aquarium books we get from the library more than any other book on the shelf -- the walrus is her favorite

:: has hair almost down to her waist -- about a half inch to go

:: figured out how to follow simple oragami animal directions and made about 50 cicadas

:: is always itchy... and sweaty.... just like her dad

:: helps me measure and mix and chop most everything when I'm in the kitchen.  She is going to know how to make everything as she grows up.

:: no longer likes to eat cheese (!!!!) except the cheddar curds we get from the farm

:: goes down to the basement by herself now without being scared (amazing!)

:: still says "bremember" for remember and "intrin-sted" for interested

:: loves watching Tangled as much as Evan loved watching Cars at this age

:: invented the "horsie force" as a magic power for her horses when they play with Evan

2 comments:

Liz said...

Hmmmm....have I watched Tangled almost everyday for the past week??? Yes...I have. They love it!! They ALL love it, including Eva who will stand completely still for up to an hour of it without moving a muscle. Cute and a little scary!! Miss you guys!

Bryce said...

One of your best posts ever! You look beautiful! I love seeing you show up in the pictures on here. Thanks for the uplifting insights into your life.