Monday, September 30, 2013

At Papa's House


We spent some time out at my Dad's this weekend.  The kids love the enormous yard and giant trees and even the gravel driveway -- perfect for the RC trucks to play on.


Tizzy, the kids' favorite cat, made an appearance to play for a bit.  She even let Evan and Chloe both hold her which no adult gets the privilege of.

The kids spent a lot of hours with their Papa this weekend, playing hours upon hours of chess.  They never tire of it, and thankfully Papa loves chess almost as much as they do.  He says Chloe plays better than he does! 

They had a lot of laughs together too, especially Evan since he's at that perfect age for jokes, and my Dad always has a joke -- the kind no one will laugh at except a ten year old.... well, and Todd.

2 comments:

Bryce said...

I love the punch-line on this post, since Todd is practically 10 in maturity!

Leslie said...

I felt myself laughing along with the 10 year olds. I was hoping to catch a glimpse of your Dad in the pictures - I haven't seen him in years. Decades? Eegads we're old :)