Monday, May 27, 2013

Reality or Technicolor?

How about a little of both!
Chloe has been an artist from the time she could grab fistfuls of crayons or sidewalk chalk keeping all her favorite colors close. 


She still spends time daily drawing, coloring, painting, sculpting.  Some of her projects are supremely realistic and others.... not so much.
These are her "masterpieces" drawn from pictures of real horses.  I see things like this and I am in awe of her natural ability.  She has never had an art lesson, after all.

She drew this picture of Ruby laying on her back from a photograph.  She had the camera sitting next to her with the tiny picture to reference.  For comparison, below is my version which she asked me to do.



Evan has taken an interest here and there with art.  Every once in a while inspiration strikes and he will astound me.  Recently he made these:
A hawk and a crow, both from the underside view as you would see them if you looked up and they flew over your head.  He didn't have any image to copy, just the idea in his mind.



I was cleaning up the art corner the other day and flipped through Chloe's old coloring book of horses.  She started it when she was 5 1/2 so some of them are a bit sloppy.  Her realistic horses made me smile as I noticed the patterns she always added in -- not content with the original drawing (Mom, she gets that from you!)



But the main thing you see when you flip through her book is a rainbow of technicolor beauty. 
a work in progress -- the mane and tail are marked to be colored later
one of the only pictures with a background colored -- that is Gem Mountain!
originally she must have planned to give this to Olivia :-)



Evan's book was just as intriguing. He started out years ago coloring realistic-looking cars, like this:


Inspired soon after by Chloe's rainbow fascination, it seems he thought that would be a good idea to try.  His art changed drastically.  Each of these would take him more than a day to finish.

So, the technicolor world is what they prefer right now and I don't blame them.  It really is prettier :-)

3 comments:

xox said...

I always like to imagine what "The Shadows of The Real" will be like in Heaven... hence anything I conceive as "prettier" than what's here, can feasibly be something I will perceive in Heaven, more beautiful than I can imagine or think, but fun to imagine or think anyway! This world, even in all its splendor and beauty, is after all, only an illusion. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a Dream. Looks like Chloe's all about "writing/picturing The Visions down," too! xox

xox said...

Evan, too! but with him it's so neat how he actually seems to emulate Chloe when it comes to these more spiritual pursuits of "seeing beyond seeing." xox

Leslie said...

Amazing artistry! Seriously. And it's so nice to see that Chloe inspired Evan to try something different. I wonder how she felt when she saw him trying out her technique?