Cootie Catchers are those folded up paper things we used to play with in middle school to tell our fortunes... remember those? Well, the kids discovered this amazing folding paper technique at last year's maple taste and tour and haven't stopped folding since. We have hundreds of these things...
They will sit and fold and decorated and talk about their cootie tribes together for hours. Each cootie has a place in the bunch. They have leader cooties and cooties with special powers. Some can fly or shoot....
They spend hours playing with them for days in a row! I just had to capture it on film since no one ever understands what I mean when I try to describe it. Actually a video would be better since I cannot reiterate the dialogue these two imagine while playing. But since I can't sneak videos of them anymore, you'll just have to imagine it for yourself...



2 comments:
Oh, please please a video! I need a video! Cut a hole in a book or a hole in your shirt for the camera or something. Be as creative as those kids of yours :) I'd love to hear them go on about their cootie tribes. Plus, I just love little voices. They are just too sweet.
yah! do it! Be humming loudly in another room, then get softer then loud again, topping and starting...til they get the idea that you're still in that other room whether loudly or softly, humming or not...THEN quickly and silently tippy-toe to where they are, with the camera already recording and see how THAT works! hehehe xox
Post a Comment