Still in their undies. Making up "Gonk World" in the rice box with Lego droids, shells, beach glass and frogs. I told them I'd be straightening up in the storage room downstairs and walked away.
I came up several times to put things away, get a drink, make sure teeth got brushed, grab plastic bags.....
When I came up to make lunch, I realized that my children hadn't fought all morning. They were actually in their room together... laughing!
I followed this trail around the house.... evidence of a morning spent together or at least near each other :-)
Gonk World invaded with spacecrafts
A game of Life (and a snack)
A zoo
An artful explosion
Some private cozy book reading
Some private sweet horse play
While I made food, they played here:
Bonding with Gonk droid slides
I wish every day could be a little more like this. Where will the trail lead tomorrow?
1 comment:
It is wonderful that you've taught them to be so self sufficient! I dream of the days that Katelyn and Michael will be old enough to be trusted alone in another room from Mommy. Michael is there, but Katie has years yet to go. I'll have to take notes on how to arrange the toys, snacks, and art supplies in a way so they can get them for themselves. What a nice morning for all 3 of you :)
Post a Comment