Monday, August 1, 2011
Horse Play
The Story: Evan was being the foals. Chloe was being Thunderbolt the leader and Grub the father. I was Gem the mother. Evan's foals were being wild boys riding skateboards and jumping off the 'cliff' stairs. The foals' mother was not okay with this which made them do it more. They wouldn't even listen to Thunderbolt's neighing warnings. So they would jump and then gallop back, until one got hurt. Gem and Grub tried to revive their foal. Nothing worked. Thunderbolt neighed "I told you so" (that was my interpretation) and then the quest began to find some healing herbs. They lifted the foal back to his home but, alas, he was dead. The others still traveled through the gardens to gather flowers to help. It seemed hopeless....nothing was working. At this point I had to excuse myself to go start dinner but the kids carried on without me. Over dinner they told me that Goldie, the dead foal, came back to life after the spell was gone. The witch died and then Goldie became saved Goldie, they said. Huh? I thought we were playing horses. Where did all this witch and spell stuff come in? Oh well. I don't know what changed when I walked away, but it was a happy ending nonetheless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hee hee! I love that you saved this story for them! They will have vague memories of playing like this, but this blog post will bring all the details back to life for them :)
Post a Comment