We were just trimming and dead-heading some of our flower gardens when we spotted this cute grasshopper.
Evan wanted to give it a house in our butterfly garden. Great idea. Now he says he has a pet. We'll see how long we keep it, since he's already (like his mama) feeling a bit sad that it's trapped in a cage.
Alongside the grasshopper we spotted our first ever leaf bug.
Chloe just had to have it. So we captured it.
We eventually released it since we didn't want it to die.
I'm so glad my kids have tender hearts for God's tiny creatures. I couldn't handle a house full of bug jars.
2 comments:
You couldn't handle a house full of bug jars, but you can handle a house full of fermenting food jars? Odd...
:)
I'm just glad your sweeties are drawn to cute little grasshoppers and leaf bugs...not flies. GroSs!
Post a Comment