Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Cooling Off

 It was HOT yesterday. 




So the kids cooled off outside with the slip and slide for most of the morning (till the backyard turned into a swamp from all the run-off).




Chloe mostly just ran around prancing and skipping and splashing through the sprinkler part of it. 







She doesn't really like all the water spraying in her face just yet.  Evan didn't either when he was four, so maybe next year for her.




Evan jumped over the sprinkler dozens and dozens of times...




 ...and slid up and down and backwards and sideways on the slippery part.  He gets such joy out of being a kid!  I can still hear him laughing and shouting, "Wow!! Did you SEE that!!???" or  "That was my best one EVER!!" or "I got water up my nose -- hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa!!!"




Chloe laughs at all his antics and watches everything he does.  Every kid needs a fan club and she is his:  "Do it again Evan!!"




After a whole lot of running around and cooling off, she got out a bottle of bubbles.




Evan was slightly amused, so he popped a few.




 He watched for a minute.  (Really he was just catching his breath because...)



 
 Then went back to jumping and playing.




This kid loves summertime!!

2 comments:

Bryce said...

A few things: I zoomed in on just about every photo in this post;Chloe is stunning; Evan's form in the last jumping pic is hurdling perfection; and I think it's safe to say Evan is going to have hair double this length in a year and a half.for.real.dude.

Leslie said...

OK, I want to point out that it's not very fair that Evan can already jump higher than I ever could!!! It would be so much fun to jump over a sprinkler like that and fly through the air. It's no wonder this kid loves summertime!

Chloe's bathing suit is awesome. She's such a cutie!