Monday, May 9, 2011

Coloring Together


This weekend we sat on the floor, side by side and made pretty pictures together.  Chloe told me she knows that her horse pictures aren't the color of real horses, but they are so much more beautiful this way and I agree!


She watched me pretty closely as I worked , amazed at how I could move my pencil so fast and stay in the lines.  Then I notice her starting to  imitate how I hold my pencil.


For years she has held her pencil with her middle finger on top and I've been waiting for her to correct it.  In true "life-learning" fashion, she figured it out when she was good and ready.  Since she stopped taking naps about two weeks ago, she is willing to try anything to be more like a big girl!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Beautiful colorful horses!

minnie said...

Bree, where do you get your "adult" coloring pages from? I love the complex pictures, and I do that myself as a form of de-stressing from work.

Bree said...

Hi Minnie :-)
They are from a company called Dover. Their coloring books are really detailed and beautiful. Mine is all paisley which is my favorite type of design. I ordered it on ebay but I know you can get them on amazon too.

minnie said...

Awesome, I'll check them out! Thanks for the tip.

Minnie