The Bookshelf
Evan is reading:
*Flat Stanley books
*Star Wars books (still) -- Todd has read them aloud and now Evan is re-reading them
*Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
*The Stinky Cheese Man and other Fairly Stupid Tales (which he chose because of the title, obviously)
*I Can Read with My Eyes Shut by Dr. Suess (which he also chose because of the title)
*Bartholemew and the Oobleck by Dr. Suess -- Evan loves to read this really long book to Chloe
*Superman
Topics he is interested in:
*paper airplanes -- these are all over the house
*volcanoes
*the space shuttle
*molecules -- we had a hard time finding books about this, but we finally got a few
*honeybees
*gemstones -- particularly the names that go with each kind
*muscle cars
*how engines work
Chloe is reading:
*Big Bad Bruce and others by Bill Peet -- she loves to stack them all in a pile next to herself and flip through each one
*Sylvester and the Magic Pebble by William Steig
*Curious George
*Over in the Meadow by Olive Wadsworth
Topics she is interested in:
*dinosaurs
*horses
*snakes
*wild animals
*drawing and tracing animal pictures
********************
I used to keep up with the kids' reading interest with an ever-changing bookshelf list on the sidebar, but I've since realized that I have no permanent record of it that way. So, I think I may do this sort of post monthly. This is a good record of what "school" looks like here too since what we do is interest-based.
1 comment:
I love the picture of Evan reading to Chloe! I dream of the day...
Post a Comment