It's been snowing for days on end -- the pretty, fluffy, slow-falling kind -- and this morning we woke up to a beautiful wonderland. By noon, the kids couldn't take it anymore. Whether it's 16 degrees or not, they just HAD to be out in that glorious snow! They got themselves bundled and out the door in five minutes flat.
They ran right to the pile on the deck (that their loving dad makes for them as he shovels our pathways) and started "gophering" through.
They remembered that it would be nice to sled on there first before it was full of holes and tunnels though, and spent quite a bit of time going head first into the yard instead. I love that in our completely flat city yard, we can still sled-ride.
Out front, the snow was piling up even higher because of the snowblower drifts. It's so super cold out that the snow is still soft under foot -- it just collapses under your boots -- making it fun just to walk in.
Chloe's hair was full of snow and ice chunks!
Every breath made a steam cloud around our faces! Sixteen degrees -- brrrrr.
Meanwhile, out back, this was what the kids were up to while I was in the house earlier on.
So many tunnels they squeezed themselves into and back out of. This was the first time we've had snow like this that was perfect for tunneling.
I tried to sneak as many pictures as I could of the kids playing.
Evan was onto me but tried to play it cool, you know, he 's ten.
The attempts to build little snowmen ended up with quite a few tears and frustrated feelings. The snow that was great for tunneling was not so great for packing into snowballs... strange.
I do think though that the tears were due more to that fact that these two went outside at noon, (without any lunch!) and didn't come back in until 3:30pm!!! Crazy snow-loving kids!
























2 comments:
I got cold just looking at the pictures! So glad I don't have to deal with that anymore...
Your girl is such a beauty with her wise, old-soul eyes. I am intrigued by her look in the snow carrying pic of her.
Gophering. Your kids make up awesome words.
Post a Comment