** January weather has been so crazy; it was just about 60 degrees one
day so we spent a good deal of it outside smelling spring all over the
place.
** Lots of braiding and bracelet-making has been going on with the embroidery floss collection. Evan really loved learning the Chinese Ladder method since braiding has never been his favorite thing. Chloe braids like a professional and has a dozen colorful strands
now. She and Evan both are learning to make striped friendship
bracelets with knots.
** Even after it does snow, there seems to be a warm up that follows and melts it all.
Bicycles do not make good snow plows. Evan went over his handlebars on
this pile when he flew into it and his bike got suddenly stuck.
** One of the kids' favorite things to play together is "Action Figures and Horses." So much hilarious dialogue in a game like this. I rarely see them since the door is closed, but occasionally a rogue horse with run out with the Jeep hot on his trail.....
** When we took the kids out to spend some of their Xmas cash, they found some new treasures. Chloe fell in love with two big stuffed horses and Evan fell in love with a handful of droids.
** Evan and Chloe spent an entire afternoon throwing their 'giant flying discs' from the deck. They cheered each other on and were so happy together.
** We have almost two feet of snow now. The kids went out to play in it yesterday but since it was only 19 degrees with a 3 degree windchill, I opted to not go out and photograph them... you know, that cold weather is bad for my camera..... So we are back to real January weather and maybe some actual real blog posts coming soon.
















1 comment:
I just thought of something the kids may wanna try: Jumping Rope! Maybe they already know how, but I've never seen them do it. Took me awhile to learn that skill, but boy was I thrilled when I learned and got real good at it! xox
Post a Comment