Friday, January 11, 2013

Chloe's First

She said her tooth felt mushy on New Year's Eve.  Maybe she shouldn't eat any more apples, she thought.  Well, we discovered with much excitement that it was actually loose and wiggly!!

She was nervous about the process and most days she complained that it was hurting when she tried to eat.  This was not fun at all for her.  She wondered with little tears in her eyes, "Why can't teeth just grow bigger like everything else on our bodies?"  Poor thing.  It hung on till the last possible moment and wiggled free on the morning of January 9th. 

She came into my room to wake me up saying, "Mom, I woke up because I was sucking on something in my mouth and it was my TOOTH!"  The real thrill finally hit her.  Freedom!!

Of course, she is following along with her big brother and keeping her tooth in a bag forever.

This arrangement actually works out nicely since the Tooth Fairy doesn't have to root around under her pillow to find the tooth.... she just leaves it alone and slides in some money :-)

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Sweet Chloe. I just want to hug her! I'm glad her little tooth finally popped right out without too much trauma. Now she has that fun little tooth hole to play with for a while!