These super long ribbon headbands are what the kids use when they play Flynn and Rapunzel. Even though Evan is Flynn he still wears the hair... Anyway, they run all over with this hair trailing behind. Thanks mom for all the ribbon you have put on their gifts over the years. ;-)
We rarely go to playgrounds anymore. The kids really don't like the structures so much as they do the beautiful surroundings, so we start out on the play-things and end up in the woods. That's why we usually just... go to the woods.
We had the kids' friend Bella over to play one day and I actually took pictures (I know!!!!). She is a lot like Chloe in how strong-willed she is so there were several um... struggles throughout the day. Having two Chloe's is more difficult than having one Chloe. But they had fun too.
She and Chloe played horses, dress-up and fort-building:
Bella also likes climbing ropes, sword fighting, playing chase, and making mud. Girlfriend really likes mud.
Someone is always on a rope or swing when we are outside. I am so grateful for our backyard tree. We literally would not have bought this house (or any house) without a backyard tree. Deal breaker.
At my mom and Greg's new place there is a 4-wheeler to be played on. Todd has taken the kids for a few fun rides already.
Evan plays with the speedy RC machine all the time.
Chloe has learned to steer Evan's old rock crawler so they play together in the yard now. She will do anything to be like him.
She does stand apart in her love of glitter and sparkles though. That's all her.
Chloe brought her horses to Aunt Bryce's house specifically so she could build a horse barn out of her old Duplo blocks that now belong to Ajay. The same exact barn she always made long ago.
Evan still builds legos nearly every day. He alternates between wanting to follow directions and just creating on his own.
These little party umbrellas are something of a treasure here. The kids covet them and use them when they play monster trucks. Apparently the trucks do not like sunshine or sweating. Who knew?
Chess. Chess. More chess. I will play chess every day till I die.... Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but really, it's a lot.
This little tub in the backyard is great for all kinds of fun. Lego boats for Evan and lego horse-house-boats for Chloe.
There are so many little stories I know I'm forgetting since I don't take as many pictures anymore. I really need to start keeping my notebook out again to jot the cute stuff down....
























2 comments:
Great photos, Bree. I hope you hung on to that camera to learn how to take "real" photos with. You are a natural!
Wow! What a great summer synopsis!
Hey, what about using the umbrellas to shield the HORSES? or do they ENJOY all that sunshine and sweat...unlike the trucks? hehehe. xox
Post a Comment