Tuesday, April 17, 2012

In the Backyard

Our past few weeks have been full of family time, friend get-togethers, backyard playing, library outings, bike rides and general goodness. 


Here's the only part I have taken photos of:  backyard fun.






The king and queen of funny-faces have adapted to my new scenario.  "Hey guys, turn and smile and I'll leave you alone."  It mostly works.





Chloe is still not sure how to pump on swings, so when Dad is outside she gets to fly.  I don't  do swings for more than 2 minutes.  I call it motivation to learn.






Car City has an ongoing story dialogue full of chapters and bookmarks when it's time to go inside.  I love that their narratives are full of old-fashioned words like shan't, nor, mustn't....





..... but then in the next sentence they are just little kids obsessed with bathroom humor like fart-exhaust or poop-rocks.  You know.






Poor Ruby, she likes swinging even less than being picked up.






Maybe it's mean that I won't push her.  She just sits there while Evan is flying. 





Our backyard is so loved, just like a favorite stuffed animal or blanket. 





The back of the shed is once again covered in mud meatballs.  It makes me smile because with each splatting blob of goo there is uproarious belly laughing along with it.  What could be better?






They love mud.  I mean, who else poses with mud??






She really does love to swing.  Maybe I could push her for 3 minutes instead of 2....

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Love the mud blobs. I can hear the giggles now!

I vote for three minutes :)

Katelyn has now figured out that poots are funny and laughs hysterically whenever she hears one...our kids would have so much fun together.