Thursday, April 26, 2012

Glasses

It turns out that Evan has a lazy eye. 


It doesn't turn out or in so we had no idea.  He's been complaining for a couple months about a bothersome blur, so we took him to have an eye exam. 

 Before we went Evan told me he had been thinking, and he decided he wanted glasses, not just a monocle like the duke in Cinderella because that would be too hard to keep on his face. Holding back my laughter I just said, Okay.

At his appointment on Monday, we found out about the lazy eye which is very far-sighted and also has an astigmatism.  Just one blurry eye (his right) and the other sees 20/20.  The doctor said he needs glasses to help strengthen the weak eye, and Evan was so super excited at the news.  He picked out the pair he like best and was mad that he couldn't take them home right away.  We had to wait.

They told us to expect a call Thursday or Friday.  So every day this week, he's been rubbing his eye and lamenting.... "I can't believe I have to wait four days...."



Today, Evan was watching the clock:

"It's 9:30 Mom.  The eye doctor's is open in a half hour. Do you think I'll get my glasses today?"

"It's 10: 15am!!!  They're open!!  Do you think they'll call today??"

"Mom, it's already lunch time..... why aren't they calling??"

"Hmmm.  2:30pm.  Do you think I'll get my glasses today or not?"

I started telling him about how they probably would have called first thing if they were ready, so...... probably not today.



I was wrong.

The phone rang at 2:45pm.  As soon as I hung up the phone, Evan shouted, "I know who that was!!"  He and Chloe threw on their flip-flops and bolted to the car.  Evan was buckled in before I even sat down.




So.... here he is......








The lovely ladies at the office gave Chloe a free pair of sunglasses.  She tried on nine pair, then narrowed it down to four favorites. I like her choice.

And I like my guy in glasses.  How cute is he?? (in the first picture, not that last one.)

4 comments:

Liz said...

So the answer to the question "Could he get any cuter?" is a very big "YES...yes he can!!" Love it!!

Gramma Monde said...

So now he looks more like Todd!!! Except for the hair (not being white) about the same age, too! Oh my...

xox said...

Can't wait to see you BOTH in your new specs! xox p.s. Gramps just got new glasses, too. and I just got new prescription sunglasses! we'll have fun comparing! xox

Leslie said...

As soon as I saw the first picture I wondered if Chloe would be sporting glasses just like her big brother. Of course she is! So nice of those ladies to let Chloe join in on the fun of glasses shopping. They both look adorable.

And yes, I agree with Evan that the glasses are a more logical choice than a monocle for tree climbing and little boy play. He is wise beyond his years :)