Better late than never. Here is a peek at our Christmas:
This year on Christmas Eve we let the kids open one small thing, and then we read the Christmas story from the Bible before tucking them in for the night.
Then Christmas morning, Todd and I were both up way earlier than Evan or Chloe which was really unusual. I even had time to drink my tea before they came wandering out. I ended up taking more videos than photos this year, but here are a few cute ones.
The kids opened a pile of gifts from Gramma and also the surprises they bought for each other -- something they look forward to doing every year. There were so many smiles and thrills of the day. Then all week following present-opening time it was a joy to watch them playing with and enjoying all the new things and incorporating them into their set-ups. We've also been doing our new puzzles like crazy since a 500 peice puzzle is perfect for our family to finish in one day.
Evan's favorite things were his own calculator, a Narnia
book set just like the ones I had when I was his age, and lots of Legos -- especially an amazing vintage Technic set we found that he loved.
Chloe's favorite things were her sewing kit, dozens of Schleich animals and bunny hutch, mini shaped puzzles, and a kaleidoscope that she hasn't put down in weeks.
Ruby's
favorite things (in case you were wondering) were the piles of tissue paper, any open box, and gaining back her favorite spot right under the tree where all those
pesky presents have been sitting in her way. Peace at last :-)













No comments:
Post a Comment