Thursday, December 11, 2014

December Days


Here you will find piles of : 

*cushions for climbing, bouncing, perching
*notebooks, drawing paper, colored pencils -- ideas for "crab stories" filling pages
*books.... everywhere
*blankets, pillows, warm cozy places, sleeping kitties
*legos, transformers, horses, playmobil -- toy collections that emerge every winter
*colorful thread, scissors, a tape measure -- dozens of "knots bracelets" being made
*RC toys, batteries, chargers
*snow clothes, boots, sleds
*tea bags, empty mugs, honey spoons

December days take some getting used to where we live.  Not to say we don't love where we live, because we do, but we just have to adjust.  The indoor rhythm takes over and outdoor time is more of a brief interlude.  We've been out walking quite often at night, to look at Christmas lights.  Those walks always seem to turn into runs -- to warm up, to burn off so much stored up energy, to feel alive!  This weekend we'll be getting a tree and putting up our outside lights, and soon there will be even more piles.... of new toys to play with :-)

1 comment:

Leslie said...

You adapt quite well to your winter environment :) I'm coming over to play! I can only imagine the picture you'd get of me sproinging off of that couch cushion. Hahaha! Love the kitty pics. And I'm totally in awe of your embroidery floss organization. I have a tub like that but mine is quite disheveled. The kiddos are getting so big! sweet pics.