Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Outdoors

The summer has been so pleasant with the weather not too hot and even bordering on a bit too cool sometimes.  The sun shines nearly every day and we love being in it. 

When we are here at home the kids still get out on their bikes a lot, but I rarely take pictures  because they ride too fast and everything just turns out blurry.
She makes the craziest faces while bike-riding.
Even with the camera flash they aren't really that great at capturing the fun but you can see that Evan never sits down to ride and Chloe is way to big for her tiny bike (she refuses to upgrade). 

These two zip up and down the sidewalk and bump over the tree roots in our yard, laughing and chasing each other, shouting inside jokes and giggling, racing and dodging to avoid crashing.  It's such a fun time.

They also play with RC trucks all the time (Evan's truck now goes 40mph!) and they get out in nearly every rain shower to play.  I love that.  They are really busy all day and by night time they drop into bed yawning and stretching and needing a foot rub because they rarely wear shoes.  The way summer should be, I think.

When there is a still moment I sneak in with the camera, amazed that they have stopped moving.

I also spy on them from a distance with the zoom lens. 
Chloe loves to catch raindrops on her tongue :-)
I just love watching them grow up and I'm so thankful for every day we spend together.  Especially these summer days when it feels like time just goes on and on and on.

No comments: