I am so blessed to have a sister that I adore who lives but a few blocks away. She comes over with her precious cargo so frequently that I have to say there is a strong sweet bond forming between me and Ajay as a result. (Baby Zakary currently wants nothing to do with me, or anyone else for that matter, as he loves his mama very much right now. And that is as it should be ;-)
Bryce and I have watched and waited for the cousins to come to a point of really connecting with each other though, and I'm sure this is the year for that love to emerge. Chloe, who has always been very attentive to Ajay, is growing even more so -- preparing playthings for him, setting up zones for him to free range in, and sharing her most favorite things. This did start out as completely selfish on her part (to keep the little one out of her way, naturally), but it has changed.
Evan has always been a bit more reserved about the whole relational thing -- answering in one word responses to Ajay's many questions or just staring at him silently. The love shown has been subtle and simple -- a shared toy here or there, trusting the little one to handle precious display items, or just randomly deciding to give him things. But now, they have started to play together, real interaction on both sides to which Evan exclaims, "That was fun, let's do that again!"
I hope these two have a long and fun-filled future together as so many cousins are lucky enough to experience. It seems to be headed that way. And maybe Ajay will let me kiss and cuddle him until he's going on ten, like a certain other boy I know and love.


2 comments:
Sweet! xox
Your words are so dear, so sweet, and so treasured. Thank you, Bree, for your open door. It has been a strong place of peace and retreat for me and mine. I sure hope these boys are buds forever too. And the likelihood of that bond is even more certain since we are basically going to be living right next door to you in Heaven ;0)
Post a Comment