Today was the beginning of the Christmas season for us. We played Christmas music, pulled out the stash of Christmas books from the library that I've been hiding, unpacked Christmas decorations and put up the tree.
Evan put the (fake) tree together by himself this year.
Chloe unpacked every ornament, admiring it, showing it off and placing it neatly in a pile waiting it's turn to be hung.
I strung lights and wrapped the silver garland since no one else knows how, but the kids did the rest. They even hung 95% of the ornaments themselves, which amazingly they are getting pretty good at.
And Ruby was a part of the process every step of the way. She loves Christmas :-)
Chloe is so proud of the tree. She took this picture right away and asked me to print it out so she could hang it on her wall.












1 comment:
Beautiful tree! I can see why Chloe wanted a picture for her wall.
I, too, am the master hanger of the lights. Now I'll think of you each year as I'm squeezing around behind the tree, tucking the lights into the branches and making sure they are perfectly spaced!!
What is it about cats and fake trees? Ours still has cat fur on the branches even though we haven't had our cats for years. It always brings a sad smile. They loved climbing up inside the tree and just lounging in there. Maybe Santa will bring me a kitten :) Umm, maybe next year....I need one more litter box free year and then I'll be ready again!
Post a Comment