Saturday, October 13, 2012

Bits & Pieces :: October


*Chloe likes to brush her hair upside down, hanging off the side or front of this chair.




*The kids helped me make tons of meatballs one day.  Chloe always eagerly digs right in to whatever I'm cooking and gets messy, while Evan sort of stares at the mix for a while, shivers at the thought of sticky hands, makes the usual "um, eeewwww, um..... I don't know.... okay.... eeeee... yukkkkk" and then puts his hands in.  After that you'd never know it bothered him at all.




*Chloe flips methodically through horse picture books quickly cataloging her favorites with colorful bookmarks.  Dozens of bookmarks.  Luckily in this book, one specific horse won first place in her mind.




*Working diligently on a paint-by-number set she got from Granny and Grampa on her birthday.

(Leaves and gourds sitting nearby are just a sampling of the piles of autumn goodness my kids collect every single year. My piano is covered with flattened dried leaves and the front windowsill has a pile of twenty gourds on it.)



*She's been playing with her hair a lot once again and shredding the front into scraggly layers.  I thought she was really outgrowing that, but I guess not....




*This is a card game the kids made up for their dogs and helicopters to play called "four-way war."  And even if it's 47 degrees outside (in October!) it is still comfortable enough inside to wear the minimum amount of clothing.




*This guy doesn't show up in too many photos because he's always outside on his bike or scooter or driving an RC around the neighborhood.  He and Chloe have taken to exploring our block and across the street together.  Of course these adventures are how I end up with piles of leaves, crabapples, walnuts... And if he's not outside, he's in his room with the CD player on memorizing new Sandra Boynton songs.  There is nothing cuter than hearing him singing along to this silly music he loves.




*Chloe and I spent a good portion of the morning making a mural on the sidewalk together.  She worked on a horse stepping on a rock while I drew a garden nearby.  She observed and added the same details to her side.


This is what we ended up with:


1 comment:

xox said...

Now THESE two are becoming famously famous in my book! xox