Chloe really enjoys doing puzzles even on the really uncomfortable kitchen floor. Sweetly enough, she gets me cushions to sit on so I don't quit on her because of the pain.
She is in the "Mom, will you play with me?" phase that I remember Evan going through at this age. It doesn't matter if we've just spent an hour together, she will ask me again a few minutes later. Sometimes I find it endearing, and other times I want to rip my hair out. Such is motherhood though, I think.
This curtain blocks off the heat from the kitchen when I have a soup pot simmering all night. The kids, of course, love it and fly in and out of it in shrieks of giggles and goofing.
The outfit in the photo above is Chloe's most colorful choice these days. I love that she expresses herself in her clothing. If I picked her clothes, she'd look like a little version of me, and that just would never do. Not for Chloe.
Every horse needs a tracks to play on, so Chloe sets one up quite often so she and Evan can run their daily laps for thirty minutes straight..... They always have some aweome hyper music playing so they can go faster! Their favorite is the Carmen suite CD we borrowed from the library. Number 7 is Chloe's horse race song.
She loves to block off all our walkways with horse jumps. Like this one and the nine others I didn't get pictures of:
Wild jumping horse races tire them out in about 10 minutes when they collapse in a heap on the floor. For some reason I usually collapse after only five minutes when Chloe asks me to play this with her. Ugh. I never did like hurdles.
Here's Evan jumping since all of the shots of Chloe were blurry.
Every day she plays with and pretends to be a horse, but she also loves to join in Evan's stuff too. One day they were fighting over which thing to play and decided to alternate every 13 minutes as the timer went off. Upstairs to play her stuff, downstairs to play his stuff. Back and forth they went joyfully for a couple hours!
I love how they use what we have in creative ways. Monster truck train tracks anyone?
They still fight fiercely and drive each other nuts, but for the most part they are in an upswing right now: enjoying being together and working out issues without punching. That's progress right?
A favorite daily ritual for Chloe is to brush and brush and brush her hair. First she uses the detangling brush, then grabs the boar-bristle one to "smoothen it and make it silk."
And lastly, she still loves her daddy more than anything (she has even said to me once: 'Mom I LOVE Dad, but I only LIKE you.'). She climbs on him whenever he sits down and snuggles near him every chance she gets. Our sweetie girl indeed.






1 comment:
She is such a sweet little girl with a great big brother...and a great Mom for even hurdling for 5 minutes :) That sounds exhausting!!! But exhausted kids are quiet kids...totally worth 5 minutes of hurdling! Hee hee. Tell me, do you whinny? I know you do...
Post a Comment